DT Vintage Fan Forum Rules & Regulations
Written by Kiry K., amended by Zachary Y.
We strive to maintain the community forum as a credible resource for online guests and registered members with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. When you become a Member of this forum, you agree to the terms and conditions set before you. This guide explains how we work to accomplish this goal, by explaining the rules/regulations of the DT Vintage Fan Forums (referred to as DT below).
•Registering- When registering to DT, please use your first name and last name or initial (example: John D., John D, or John Doe).
•Moderation - The DT forums are moderated by selected team members and the administration staff.
•Posts - Posts must be constructive and on topic. Moderators may delete posts that do not meet the Acceptable Use Policy . Moderators reserve the right to remove any topics deemed inappropriate or disruptive to the community.
•Etiquette - Moderators are not instructed to censor opinions or ideas but will take action against posts and/or topics that cause unrest beyond civil and polite disagreements. Members may not post personal attacks toward other members.
The Golden Rules:
This forum is made publicly available for the community in order to provide a valuable resource for various enthusiasts located all over the world. In order to keep this forum a valuable resource, we require all forum members to abide by the rules.
Violation of any of these rules will result in consequences determined on a case-by-case basis.
• Profanity and discriminatory remarks are not tolerated.
• Inflammatory remarks, intended to hurt or offend a member and/or moderator, are not tolerated.
• Spamming, public or private, will result in a user ban.
• Pornography, warez and illegal content may not be linked from or discussed in this forum.
• Signatures must be clean and organized. You may display a "fans I am looking for list", but please keep it within a reasonable length. You are allowed to have smaller images in your signatures, but please keep them at a reasonable size, and quantity. Failing to comply will result in the removal of the signature.
• Postings must be placed in the appropriate subforum and contain a descriptive subject line. Postings placed in inappropriate subforums will be considered off-topic and either moved or deleted. Non-descriptive titles and descriptions will be renamed.
• Linked and locked topics are pruned regularly. If you have a question about where a topic resides, please PM a Moderator before starting a new topic asking where it went or posting a duplicate thread of the original topic. Moderators are happy to provide a link to thread locations as well as explain the reasoning behind why a thread is locked and/or removed.
• If you are linking to external content, you should link directly to that content. It is unacceptable to use link-thru systems to mask the originating URL (example: tinyURL).
• Cross-posting (posting the same content in multiple subforums) is not tolerated. All duplicate posts will be deleted.
• Over excessive post bumping in one session is not permitted, so please use discretion when bumping topics (especially in the Buy/Sell/Trade forums).
• In regards to the Buy/Sell/Trade. DT IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification" Please use this with your own risk. Seller must be clear and detailed of whatever item they post. Buyers need to use discretion of any topic interests them to purchase or trade.
• It is the stand of DT that eBay, Craigslist, and any site of a similar nature, are free and open marketplaces, and as such, it is acceptable for anyone to bid on any item. If you want an item badly you may state so in a post on the forum but that does not mean that another member may not try to obtain that same item. The DT staff will not serve to discourage anyone from doing so and any attempt to discover who is bidding and “name & shame” them will be promptly removed. DT is not affiliated with any 3rd party internet vendor.
• Sensitive topics such as account information and security issues are not to be discussed in the forum. Topics that could compromise sensitive information or serve to potentially harm any members will be deleted.
• If a thread is deleted by a moderator and the offending user attempts to re-post a similar thread, it is possible that the user will lose “member” privileges.
• The forum is not an acceptable channel to post "personal issues," "rants", or anything related to "drama". Please be adults as we are representing who we are to the world. If this is a forum related matter, please contact a moderator or Admin member as soon as possible.
• Any personal (one on one) discussion in the public forum will be removed. There is a Private Message (PM) system in place on this board that is for that purpose. Do not abuse the PM system or you may lose the right to use it.
• This is an English forum, any posts in a language other than standard English will be removed by a staff member.
• User profiles, including signatures with inappropriate content, will be modified without notification.
• Abusive behavior of any kind will not be tolerated and may result in the ban of the involved accounts. If you have experienced abusive behavior from a community member, please inform a Forum Moderator .
• If you feel a forum moderator is abusing forum rules or behaving unethically, please contact the one of the admin members.
• You are free to leave the forums at any time, that is your own decision, but any posts announcing your imminent departure will be removed, except for vacation announcements or posts of a similar nature. We will not try to convince you to stay. Also, signatures and other profile fields stating you have left for good, or anything similar, will be removed by an administrator.
Updated: January 10th, 2011
• Linking/referring to images on websites that require separate registration is strictly forbidden. Attempting to force users to join other sites to view content is viewed as a form of spam and is not tolerated. This includes linking pictures from facebook and other networking sites and requesting friend invites to see them
Thank you for visiting the DT Vintage Fan Forums. We hope you enjoy your stay.
-DT Vintage Fans Staff
If you have any questions or suggestions relating to these rules, please contact any staff member (listed below).
Click any name to send that member a message via the PM system.